Hogmanay (New Year’s Eve) in Edinburgh 2023/24
The clocks have gone back, Halloween and Bonfire Night have been and gone and the nights are drawing in earlier. So there’s no escaping the fact that the festive season is fast on its way. Therefore, it’s time to plan your New Year’s Eve in Edinburgh. There will, of course, be plenty of festive entertainment, parties and performances, over the three days of celebrations. Tickets must be booked in advance, so let’s take a look at what’s on offer…
Friday 29th December – Torchlight and comedy
- Torchlight Procession, city centre route, 6.00 to 8.30 pm. Carry a torch on this magical procession from the Meadows into the city centre. There will also be live street theatre, music and celebrations at the starting point in the Meadows, and the procession will be led by a squad from Shetland’s South Mainland Up Helly Aa Viking festival. This year the procession will be supporting homelessness charity, Social Bite. Book tickets.
- Ho-Ho Hogmanay, Assembly Rooms, 8.00 to 9.30 pm. A night of stand-up comedy hosted by Emmanuel Sonubi and featuring Fred MacAulay, Larry Dean and Susie McCabe. Book tickets.
Saturday 30th December – The Night Afore
- Night Afore Disco Party, West Princes Street Gardens, 6.30 to 10.00 pm. The party starts early here in Edinburgh. So join ABBA tribute act, Björn Again, for a glittering evening of entertainment, hosted by DJ Ewen Cameron from Greatest Hits Radio. Book tickets.
- Night Afore Hoolie, Assembly Rooms, 8.00 to 10.00 pm. A night of music with singer-songwriter Blue Rose Code, his big Caley Soul Band and special guests. Book tickets.
Sunday 31st December and into Monday 1st January – Hogmanay!
- Bairns New Year Revels: Massaoke, Assembly Rooms 2.00 to 3.30 pm. A family-friendly daytime party with entertainment such as live music, singing and ceilidh dancing. Book tickets.
- Candlelit Concert, St Giles’ Cathedral, 6.30 to 8.00 pm – A classical concert by candlelight in the beautiful St Giles’ Cathedral. Featuring the first three cantatas from Bach’s Christmas Oratorio. Book tickets.
- Hogmanay Street Party, Edinburgh city centre, 9.00 pm to 12.50 am. See in the New Year at the world’s most spectacular Street Party. With live DJ soundtracks, giant screens and funfair attractions, you can soak up the party atmosphere! There will also be outdoor bars and street food to pick up a hot snack or glass of fizz with friends. Book tickets.
- Street Party: Mega Silent Disco, Edinburgh city centre, 9.00 pm to 12.50 am. A 4000-person silent disco hosted by Silent Adventures and also features DJ James Longworth and special guests. Requires full Street Party ticket for purchase. Book tickets.
- Concert in the Gardens, West Princes Street Gardens, 9.00 pm to 12.50 am. Iconic Brit-pop band, Pulp, will be headlining this year’s Concert in the Gardens, with their first live show in over 20 years. There will also be access to premium outdoor bars and street food within the gardens, and firework displays on the hour. Book tickets.
- New Year Revels, Assembly Rooms, 9.00 pm to 1.00 am. An indoor alternative to the Street Party, held in the Assembly Rooms with music, dancing, ceilidh bands and also live DJs. Book tickets.
- Midnight Moment, Edinburgh city centre, 12.00 am – Then at midnight, as the bells chime, a spectacular firework display will erupt over Edinburgh Castle. So as the year 2024 arrives, you can soak up the vibrant atmosphere.
So, why not book a room at Parliament House and enjoy a central stay for your New Year’s celebrations in Edinburgh? Whether you’re attending the street party and concert or joining one of the many other Hogmanay events on offer, you’ll need a hearty breakfast the next day. Savour a delicious Scottish breakfast with us, then head to Edinburgh centre for some shopping and sightseeing, or carry on the celebrations in a cosy pub.