Parliament House Hotel COVID-19 Policy
We hope that you and your loved ones have been keeping safe and well during this extraordinary time. Our Edinburgh Coronavirus Travel Policy is here to ensure safe travel for you and restful holidays to Scotland. Edinburgh is very quiet and so we can offer safe and socially distanced escapes, even in the city centre.
We want to assure you that our top priority always has been, and remains, the well being of our guests and team members. As such, your guest journey will now look and feel slightly different, with our enhanced set of hygiene and safety measures. We have conducted risk assessments and the below are part of the control measures we have put in place after the assessments.
Here are the travel safety measures we have put in place:
Guest Arrival Safety
- Hand sanitising stations are at the front door, for you to use before entering, and placed throughout the hotel.
- Social distancing is promoted throughout the hotel with signage on display as a reminder.
- High touch areas throughout the hotel are sanitized on a regular basis.
- We will ask guests to wear face coverings when circulating around the hotel.
- When guests are seated, they will not be required to wear a face covering, as they will be in socially distanced seating areas.
- Employees will be required to wear masks or face shields at all times and social distance wherever practically possible.
- All Guest room keys are sanitised, prior to arrival. And we now ask that you retain this key for the duration of your stay.
- Credit card details will be taken on arrival and contact details checked.
- Our staff will be happy to answer any questions you may have on arrival and throughout your stay.
Please for your safety and the safety of others ensure that the lift is only be occupied by guests from one room at any time. We will sanitise buttons and touchpoints regularly. But please do use your own hand sanitiser before and after touching buttons. All floors have stair access also.
- All rooms will have enhanced cleaning and our products and procedures meet Government guidelines for effective use against viruses and bacteria.
- Single-use paper cups for coffee and tea will be available in all rooms
- Our minibars and paper items have been removed.
- We will now only service guest rooms on departure.
Food and Beverage
- Our MP’s Bistro is open for breakfast and follows social distancing rules of 1 meter.
- Unfortunately, we will no longer be open for dinner nor will we be able to run room service meals.
- We are very close to many local restaurants and shops, whereby we are happy for you to bring food back to your room.
- Drinks are available in the Lounge as normal.
- We are happy to email your receipts after checkout for a contactless checkout.
- Credit Card terminals will be disinfected after every use.
All our team have received comprehensive training and carried out risk assessments prior to their return to work. To ensure awareness and strict adherence to Government Guidelines on hygiene and the hotel’s new cleaning and sanitising procedures and social distancing.
“We’re Good To Go”
We have been granted the COVID-19 Industry Standard, ‘We’re Good To Go’. In recognition of following government and public health guidelines, by ensuring processes are in place to maintain cleanliness and safety at all times.